- IPA: /ˈbʊlʃɪt/
- (literally) The faeces of a bull.
- (vulgar, slang) False or exaggerated statements made to impress and deceive the listener rather than inform; nonsense.
- Don't pay any attention to him. He talks a lot of bullshit.
- (rhetoric) Statements that may be true but misleading nonetheless.
- (vulgar, slang) A card game in which the object is to bluff about cards laid down and to determine when one's opponents are bluffing; also known as "BS", "Cheat" or "I Doubt It".
- Anyone want to play a few hands of bullshit?
- (vulgar, slang) An object of frustration and/or disgust, often caused by a perceived deception.
- That's total bullshit! I called your office and they said you never came in!
- (philosophy) Statements made without any particular reference to their truth value.
- French: conneries, baratin
- German: Quatsch
- Italian: cazzata (vulg.), stronzata (vulg.), coglionata (rare)(vulg.), minchiata (vulg.)
- Portuguese: besteira, asneira, merda
- Russian: фигня́
- Spanish: tontería, pendejada, idiotez, huevada, mierda, caca, chamullo, gilipollez, leseras (Chile), chorrada, bosta, mierda de toro
- French: n’importe quoi
- Portuguese: palhaçada
- Russian: пиздёж
- (vulgar, slang) Absurd, irrational, or nonsensical. Most often said of speech, information, or content.
- That's the most bullshit excuse I've ever heard.
- bulllshit jobs
bullshit (bullshits, present participle bullshitting; past and past participle bullshitted)
- (ambitransitive, vulgar, slang) To tell lies, exaggerate; to mislead; to deceive.
- I think you're bullshitting. Let’s just call your office and see if you even came in.
- You’re bullshitting me. I called your office and you never even came in.
- (intransitive, vulgar, slang) To have casual conversation with no real point; to shoot the breeze
- I will probably just go and bullshit with Joe for awhile.
- (intransitive, vulgar, slang) To come up with on the spot, to improvise poorly.
- We just went on stage and bullshitted the whole concert because we didn't know any songs.
- (all senses) crap (Indian English)
- French: (please verify) dire#French|dire des conneries, exagérer, baratiner
- Italian: dire cazzate
- Portuguese: enganar
- Russian: пизде́ть
- Spanish: mentir, fanfarronear
- (vulgar, slang) An expression of disbelief or doubt at what one has just heard.
- seeSynonyms en
- French: mon œil, n'importe quoi, mon cul, tu parles, ben voyons
- Portuguese: mentira, nada a ver
- Russian: пизди́шь
- Spanish: tonterías, pendejadas, huevadas, chorradas, mierda, mierda de torro