- (British) IPA: /ˈbaɪ.ə(ɹ)/
buyer (plural buyers)
- A person who makes one or more purchases.
- Every person who steps through the door is a potential buyer, so acknowledge their presence.
- (retailing) A person who purchases items for resale in a retail establishment.
- The supermarket's new buyer decided to stock a larger range of vegetarian foods.
- (manufacturing) A person who purchases items consumed or used as components in the manufacture of products.
- French: acheteur, acheteuse
- German: Käufer, Käuferin, Einkäufer, Einkäuferin
- Italian: cliente, compratore, compratrice, acquirente
- Portuguese: comprador, compradora
- Russian: покупа́тель
- Spanish: cliente, clienta, comprador, compradora