- Alone; without assistance or help from others.
- I have always wondered why shoe salesmen think I can't tie my shoes by myself.
- You ate the whole thing by yourself?
- Alone, without another's immediate company
- She sat by herself in the corner, waiting quietly.
- (rare) Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see by, oneself
- He kept the gun by himself at all times.
- (alone) on one's own
- French: tout seul
- German: selbst, selbstständig
- Italian: da solo, da soli
- Portuguese: sozinho
- Russian: самостоя́тельно
- Spanish: solo, por sí mismo
- French: solo, seul
- German: alleine
- Portuguese: sozinho, só, por si só
- Russian: оди́н
- Spanish: solo, a solas