- (dated, countable) Calculation; computation.
- (countable, mathematics) Any formal system in which symbolic expressions are manipulated according to fixed rules.
- lambda calculus
- predicate calculus
- (uncountable, often, definite, the calculus) Differential calculus and integral calculus considered as a single subject; analysis.
- (countable, medicine) A stony concretion that forms in a bodily organ.
- renal calculus ( = kidney stone)
- (uncountable, dentistry) Deposits of calcium phosphate salts on teeth.
- (countable) A decision-making method, especially one appropriate for a specialised realm.
- (calculation, computation) ciphering, reckoning; see also Thesaurus:calculation
- (in analysis) infinitesimal calculus
- (in medicine) stone
- (in dentistry) dental calculus, tartar
- German: Zahnstein
- Italian: tartaro, tartaro dentario
- Portuguese: tártaro
- Russian: зубно́й ка́мень
- Spanish: sarro