- (textiles) A kind of rough cloth made from unbleached and not fully processed cotton, often printed with a bright pattern.
- (countable, cat) Ellipsis of calico cat#English|calico cat; a cat with fur of the colors black, white and orange.
- French: calicot
- German: Kattun, Kaliko
- Italian: calicò
- Portuguese: calicó, calicô
- Russian: си́тец
- Spanish: calicó
- Spanish: gato calicó
- Having a pattern of red and contrasting areas, resembling the color of calico cloth.
- Synonyms: tortoiseshell
- The calico cat had distinctive red and dark markings.
- The calico-patterned tablecloths were supposed to make the restaurant look rustic; instead, they made it look run down.