- IPA: /ˈkæ.məˌflɑːʒ/
- A disguise or covering up.
- The act of disguising.
- (military) The use of natural or artificial material on personnel, objects, or tactical positions with the aim of confusing, misleading, or evading the enemy.
- (textiles) A pattern on clothing consisting of irregularly shaped patches that are either greenish/brownish, brownish/whitish, or bluish/whitish, as used by ground combat forces.
- (biology) Resemblance of an organism to its surroundings for avoiding detection.
- Clothes made from camouflage fabric, for concealment in combat or hunting.
- French: camouflage
- German: Tarnung, Camouflage
- Italian: mimetizzazione
- Portuguese: camuflagem
- Russian: камуфля́ж
camouflage (camouflages, present participle camouflaging; past and past participle camouflaged)Translations