carbuncle (plural carbuncles)
- (archaic) A deep-red or fiery colored garnet or other dark red precious stone, especially when cut cabochon.
- (heraldiccharge) A charge or bearing supposed to represent the precious stone, with eight sceptres or stave#Noun|staves radiating from a common centre; an escarbuncle.
- (pathology) An abscess larger than a boil, usually with one or more openings drain#Verb|draining pus onto the skin. It is usually caused by bacterial infection.
- An unpopular or ugly building; an eyesore.
- French: carboucle
- German: Karfunkel
- Spanish: carbunclo, carbúnculo
- German: Karbunkel
- Russian: карбункул