caretaker (plural caretakers)
- Someone who takes care of a place or thing; someone looking after somewhere, or with responsibility for keeping a place in good repair.
- Synonyms: concierge, janitor
- Someone who takes care of a person; a parent, carer or other guardian.
- French: concierge, gardien, gardienne
- German: Hausmeister
- Italian: portinaio, caposcala
- Russian: смотри́тель
- Spanish: conserje, portero
caretaker (not comparable)
- (chiefly, UK) Temporary, on a short term basis.
- Synonyms: interim
- Johnson had to be drafted in as the caretaker manager after Hewlett resigned without warning the day before the final.
- French: gardien