- IPA: /ˈkeɪsɪŋ/
casing (plural casings)
- That which encloses or encases.
- Some people like to split the casing of a sausage before cooking so it doesn't burst.
- (architecture) The decorative trim around a door or window.
- (oil industry) A metal pipe used to line the borehole of a well.
- (uncountable, computing) The collective states of upper and lower case letters.
- The replacement string should have the same casing as the matched text.
- German: Gehäuse , Überzug , Hülle, Ummantelung, Schale, Verschalung, Hülse
- Italian: involucro
- Russian: кожу́х
- present participle of case#English|case