- IPA: /kəˈsɛt/, /kæˈsɛt/
cassette (plural cassettes)
- A small flat case containing magnetic tape on two reels, used to record and play back audio and video material.
- Any similar small cartridge, such as for a computer disk or cassette air conditioner
- (photography) A lightproof container for photographic film.
- (genetics) A modular DNA sequence encoding one or more genes for a single biochemical function.
- (cycling) A set of sprockets mounted onto a splined shaft on the freehub.
- A saggar ceramic container used in a kiln
- French: cassette, cassette audio, audiocassette, cassette vidéo, vidéocassette
- German: Kassette, Audiokassette, Tonkassette, Videokassette
- Portuguese: cassete
- Russian: кассе́та
- Spanish: casete
- French: cassette
- German: Zahnkranzpaket
- Italian: cassetta pignoni, pacco pignoni
- German: Kassette