- IPA: /ˈsɛntɹəl/
- Being in the centre.
- Having or containing the centre of something.
- Being very important, or key to something.
- Synonyms: dominant, main, principal
- (anatomy) Exerting its action towards the peripheral organs.
- French: central
- German: zentral, mittig
- Italian: centrale
- Portuguese: central
- Russian: центра́льный
- Spanish: central
, created in 1975 mainly from Stirlingshire, abolished in 1996 and divided into 3 council areas: Clackmannanshire, Falkirk and Stirling (which were districts within the region).
- The Central Line of the London Underground, originally known as the Central London Railway.