certificate (plural certificates)
- A document containing a certified statement.
- A document evidencing ownership or debt.
- A document serving as evidence as a person has completed an educational course, issued either by an institution not authorised to grant diplomas, or to a student not qualifying for a diploma.
- (computing theory) The information needed in order to verify a positive answer to a problem.
- (Britain, Ireland) A motion picture age rating.
- The film is certificate 15.
- French: document, certificat
- German: Zertifikat
- Italian: certificato, attestato
- Portuguese: certificado
- Russian: докуме́нт
- Spanish: certificado
- German: Zeugnis
certificate (certificates, present participle certificating; past and past participle certificated)
- To supply with a certificate, especially following certification