change one's mind
- (idiomatic) To decide differently than one had decided before.
- She started up the stairs, changed her mind, and turned to go back down.
- 2006 Baggs, Amanda, Changes in Self-Awareness Over Time, Disclaimer on Assumptions, [http://] ballastexistenz.autistics.org/?page_id=294 May 2006:
- So don’t necessarily assume that something has changed if I appear to have changed my mind, sometimes my mind is all that’s changed.
- French: changer d'avis, raviser
- German: seine Meinung ändern, sich umentscheiden
- Italian: cambiare idea
- Portuguese: mudar de ideia
- Russian: переду́мывать
- Spanish: cambiar de opinión, cambiar de idea