- (countable, uncountable) Impure carbon obtained by destructive distillation of wood or other organic matter, that is to say, heating it in the absence of oxygen.
- (countable) A stick of black carbon material used for drawing.
- (countable) A drawing made with charcoal.
- A very dark gray colour.
- French: charbon de bois
- German: Holzkohle
- Italian: carbone, carbonella
- Portuguese: carvão
- Russian: древе́сный у́голь
- Spanish: carbón, carbón vegetal
- Russian: угольный
charcoalRelated terms Translations Verb
charcoal (charcoals, present participle charcoaling; past and past participle charcoaled)