- (British) IPA: /ˈtʃɑː(ɹ).mɪŋ/
- Pleasant, charismatic.
- Synonyms: charismatic, smart, witty
- Antonyms: dull, charmless
- Delightful in a playful way which avoids responsibility or seriousness, as if attracting through a magical charm.
- Antonyms: silly, charmless
- French: charmant
- German: charmant
- Italian: affascinante
- Portuguese: encantador, simpático, charmoso
- Russian: очарова́тельный
- Spanish: encantador
- present participle of charm#English|charm
charming (plural charmings)
- The casting of a magical charm.
- They denied me often flour, barm and milk, / Goose-grease and tar, when I ne'er hurt their charmings, / Their brewlocks, nor their batches, nor forespoke / Any of their breedings.