chaste (comparative chaster, superlative chastest)
- abstain#Verb|Abstaining from immoral or unlawful sexual intercourse.
- Virginal, innocent, having had no sexual experience.
- c. 1599–1602, William Shakespeare, The Tragicall Historie of Hamlet, Prince of Denmarke: […] (Second Quarto), London: Printed by I[ames] R[oberts] for N[icholas] L[ing] […], published 1604, OCLC 760858814 ↗, [Act I, scene iii] ↗:
- Then weigh#English|way what loſſe your honor may ſuſtaine / If with too credent eare you liſt his ſongs / Or looſe your hart, or your chaſt treaſure open / To his unmastered#English|vnmaſtred importunity.
- Austere, simple, undecorative.
- a chaste style in composition or art
- Decent, modest, morally pure.
- a chaste mind; chaste eyes