- Noticeably happy and optimistic.
- Synonyms: bright, bubbly, cheerly, ebullient, happy, joyful, merry, optimistic, vivacious, Thesaurus:happy
- Antonyms: depressed, miserable, sad
- Bright and pleasant.
- They enjoyed a cheerful room.
- 1892, Walter Besant, chapter III, in The Ivory Gate: A Novel, New York, N.Y.: Harper & Brothers, […], OCLC 16832619 ↗:
- At half-past nine on this Saturday evening, the parlour of the Salutation Inn, High Holborn, contained most of its customary visitors. […] In former days every tavern of repute kept such a room for its own select circle, a club, or society, of habitués, who met every evening, for a pipe and a cheerful glass.
- French: joyeux, content, de bonne humeur
- German: fröhlich, vergnügt
- Italian: allegro, felice, gioioso
- Portuguese: alegre
- Russian: весёлый
- Spanish: animado