- The act of clearing or something (such as a space) cleared
- The distance between two moving objects, especially between parts of a machine
- The height or width of a tunnel, bridge or other passage, or the distance between a vehicle and the walls or roof of such passage; a gap, headroom.
- A permission for a vehicle to proceed, or for a person to travel.
- The plane got clearance from air traffic control, and we were off.
- He got clearance to travel to America, even though he had previous links to terrorists
- A permission to have access to sensitive or secret documents or other information.
A permission to use something, usually intellectual property, that is legally, but not otherwise, protected.
- (retail) A sale of merchandise, especially at significantly reduced prices in order to make room for new merchandise or updated versions of the same merchandise.
- (banking, finance) The settlement of transactions involving securities or means of payment such as checks by means of a clearing house.
- (medicine) The removal of harmful substances from the blood; renal clearance.
- (sports, billiards, snooker, pool) The act of potting all the remaining balls on a table at one visit.
- (soccer) The act of kicking a ball away from the goal one is defending.
- (chess) Removal of pieces from a rank, file or diagonal so that a bishop, rook or queen is free to move along it.
- Clear or net profit.
- (Australian rules football) The first disposal in a chain that leaves the area of a stoppage, or a disposal that leaves the area of a stoppage itself.
- (Australian rules football) The act of leaving the area of a stoppage.
- German: Freigabe, Erlaubnis
- Italian: via libera, autorizzazione, permesso
- Russian: разрешение
- Spanish: acceso, permiso
- French: braderie, liquidation, soldes
- German: Ausverkauf
- Italian: saldo, svendita, liquidazione
- Russian: распрода́жа
- Spanish: remate, ganga, oferta, barata, liquidación
- French: clairance
- Italian: filtraggio, clearance
- Portuguese: clearance
- Russian: чи́стка
- Spanish: despeje, limpieza, aclaramiento
- Spanish: despeje