- IPA: /ˈklɪpɪŋ/
- present participle of clip#English|clip
- (countable) A piece of something removed by clip#Verb 2|clipping.
- a clipping of hair
- grass clippings
- (countable) An article clipped from a newspaper.
- (countable, linguistics) A short form (of a word) created by removing syllables.
- The word "ad" is a clipping of "advertisement".
- (uncountable, signal processing) The process of cutting off a signal level that rises above a certain maximum level.
- (uncountable, computer graphics) The use of a mask to hide part of an object or image.
- (uncountable, American football, Canadian football) fall#Verb|Falling, roll#Verb|rolling, or throwing one's body on the back of an opponent's legs after approaching from behind.
- (piece of something removed by clipping) offcut, snippet
- (article clipped from a newspaper) cutting, newspaper clipping, newspaper cutting
- (word formed by shortening another) short form
- German: Schnipsel, Abschnitt, Schnitt, Rasenschnitt (lawn, grass)
- Portuguese: recorte
- Spanish: recorte