- IPA: /ˈkləʊkɹʊm/, /ˈkləʊkɹuːm/
cloakroom (plural cloakrooms)
- A room intended for holding guests' cloaks and other heavy outerwear, as at a theater.
- (British, Irish) A room intended for holding luggage, as at an airport.
- A private lounge next to a legislative chamber.
- (British, Irish, euphemistic) A lavatory, now particularly a small secondary lavatory or a men's room.
- (all senses) cloaks
- (room for storing heavy outer garments) coatroom, coat check, checkroom (US)
- (room for lost luggage) lost and found; baggage room (US); left-luggage office (UK)
- (lavatory) See Thesaurus:bathroom
- (small secondary lavatory) half bath, half bathroom (North America); toilet (NZ)
- French: garde-robe
- German: Garderobe, Kleideraufbewahrung
- Italian: guardaroba
- Portuguese: bengaleiro
- Russian: гардеро́б
- Spanish: guardarropa
- French: consigne
- German: Gepäcksaufbewahrung, Gepäckaufbewahrung
- Italian: deposito, deposito bagagli
- Portuguese: sala de bagagem
- Russian: ка́мера хране́ния
- Spanish: sala de equipajes, consigna de equipajes