- IPA: /ˈkləʊsliː/
closely (comparative closelier, superlative closeliest)
- In a close manner.
- Finnish and Estonian are closely related languages.
- The borderline between East and West Berlin was very closely guarded.
- The chairs are too closely spaced; could you move them apart?
- (obsolete) secretly; privately
- That nought she did but wayle, and often steepe / Her dainty couch with tears which closely she did weepe.
- French: étroitement
- German: dicht, eng
- Italian: strettamente, da vicino, a stretto contatto
- Portuguese: de perto, proximamente
- Russian: те́сно
- Spanish: cercanamente