- Of objects, the property of being coincident; occurring at the same time or place.
- Of events, the appearance of a meaningful connection when there is none.
- (analysis) A coincidence point.
- (geometry) A fixed point of a correspondence; a point of a variety corresponding to itself under a correspondence.
- (of objects and time) concurrentness, synchronicity; see also Thesaurus:simultaneousness
- (in analysis) coincidence point
- French: coïncidence
- German: zufälliges Zusammentreffen, Koinzidenz, Zufall
- Italian: coincidenza
- Portuguese: coincidência
- Russian: совпаде́ние
- Spanish: coincidencia, casualidad