coitus interruptus (uncountable)
- Sexual intercourse interrupted by withdrawal of the penis before ejaculation.
- Coordinate term: coitus reservatus#English|coitus reservatus
- 2002, Colin Jones (historian), The Great Nation, Penguin 2003, p. 351:
- Yet in the event, population continued to grow – even though signs began to appear that coitus interruptus was beginning to be used systematically to reduce family size.
- 2003, Lucy Atkins, The Guardian, 7 Oct 2003:
- We have come some way since sheep's bladder condoms but male contraceptive options are still pretty basic. Not counting one Chinese invention - a small electronic device worn in the underpants, which causes infertility for a month after a current is switched on briefly - it is still down to the old favourites: abstinence, coitus interruptus, condoms or vasectomy.
- French: coït interrompu, coitus interruptus
- German: Coitus interruptus
- Italian: coito interrotto
- Portuguese: coito interrompido
- Russian: пре́рванный полово́й акт
- Spanish: coitus interruptus, coito interrupto