- IPA: /kəˈlɛktɪd/
- (not comparable) Gathered together.
- the collected works of Charles Dickens
- cool-headed, emotionally stable#Adverb|stable, in focus.
- He stayed collected throughout the ordeal.
- French: posé
- Simple past tense and past participle of collect
- 1992, Rudolf M[athias] Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, New York, N.Y.: Columbia University Press, →ISBN, page vii:
- Firstly, I continue to base most species treatments on personally collected material, rather than on herbarium plants.