- IPA: /kəˈliːdʒi.ət/, /kəˈliːdʒət/
collegiate (plural collegiates)
- (Canada) another name for a high school (e.g. some high schools are called collegiates rather than high schools)
- (obsolete) A member of a college, a collegian; someone who has received a college education.
- (obsolete) A fellow-collegian; a colleague.
- 1624, Democritus Junior [pseudonym; Robert Burton], The Anatomy of Melancholy: […], 2nd edition, Oxford, Oxfordshire: Printed by John Lichfield and James Short, for Henry Cripps, OCLC 54573970 ↗, partition II, section 2, member 4:
- those tables of artificial sines and tangents, not long since set out by mine old collegiate, good friend, and late fellow-student of Christ Church in Oxford, Mr. Edmund Gunter […].
- (slang) An inmate of a prison.