- IPA: /kənˈsɛpʃən/
- The act of conceiving.
- The state of being conceived; the beginning.
- The fertilization of an ovum by a sperm to form a zygote.
- The start of pregnancy.
- The formation of a conceptus or an implanted embryo.
- The power or faculty of apprehending of forming an idea in the mind; the power of recalling a past sensation or perception; the ability to form mental abstractions.
- An image, idea, or notion formed in the mind; a concept, plan or design.
- French: conception
- German: Empfängnis
- Italian: concezione, concepimento
- Portuguese: concepção
- Russian: зача́тие
- Spanish: concepción