- Regarding, respecting.
- French: à propos de, au sujet de
- German: betreffs, bezüglich
- Italian: per quanto riguarda
- Portuguese: quanto a
- Russian: относи́тельно
- Spanish: concerniente, referente, sobre
- present participle of concern#English|concern
concerning (plural concernings)
- That which one is concerned in; one's business.
- c. 1603–1604, William Shakespeare, “Measvre for Measure”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies (First Folio), London: Printed by Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358 ↗, [Act 1, scene 1]:
- We shall write to you, / As Time and our Concernings shall importune, / How it goes with us, and do look to know / What doth befall you here.