- IPA: /kɒntʃ/, /kɒŋk/
conch (plural conches)
- A marine gastropod of the family Strombidae which lives in its own spiral shell.
- The shell of this sea animal.
- A musical instrument made from a large spiral seashell, somewhat like a trumpet.
- (architecture) The semidome of an apse, or the apse itself.
- Synonym of concher#English|concher (“machine used to refine the flavour and texture of chocolate”)
- Spanish: concha
conch (conches, present participle conching; past and past participle conched)
- To refine the flavour and texture of chocolate by warming and grinding, either in a traditional concher, or between rollers.
- To play a conch seashell as a musical instrument, by blowing through a hole made close to the origin of the spiral.
- German: conchieren
conch (plural conchs)