- (uncountable) Foodstuffs that taste very sweet, taken as a group; candies, sweetmeats and confections collectively.
- (uncountable) The business or occupation of manufacturing confectionery; the skill or work of a confectioner.
- A store where confectionery is sold; a confectioner's shop.
- (sweet foodstuffs, collectively) candy (US), sweets (UK)
- (business of manufacturing confectionery) sweet-making, sweet manufacture
- (shop where confectionery is sold) confectioner's, candy store (US), sweet shop (UK)
- French: confiserie, sucreries
- German: Konfekt, Süßwaren
- Italian: dolciumi
- Portuguese: doces, confeitaria
- Russian: конди́терские изде́лия
- Spanish: dulces