- IPA: /kɑnsæŋˈɡwɪni.əs/
consanguineous (not comparable)
- Related by birth; descended from the same parent or ancestor.
- Synonyms: consanguine, consanguineal, same-blooded
- Antonyms: affinal
- 1601-02, William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
- Am not I consanguineous? am I not of her blood?
- 2002, B. Modell and A. Darr, "Science and society: genetic counselling and customary consanguineous marriage," Nature Reviews: Genetics, vol 3. no. 3 (Mar.), p. 225,
- Consanguineous marriage is customary in many societies, but leads to an increased birth prevalence of infants with severe recessive disorders.
- French: consanguin
- German: blutsverwandt, konsanguin
- Portuguese: carnal, consanguíneo
- Russian: ро́дственный
- Spanish: carnal, consanguíneo