consumer (plural consumers)
- One who, or that which, consumes.
- (economics) Someone who trades money for goods or services as an individual.
- This new system favours the consumer over the producer.
- (by extension) The consumer base of a product, service or business.
- Our consumers are upwardly mobile and middle-class.
- (ecology) An organism (heterotroph) that uses other organisms for food in order to gain energy.
- (economics) and (biology): producer
- French: consommateur
- German: Konsument, Verbraucher, Endverbraucher
- Italian: consumatore, consumatrice
- Portuguese: consumidor
- Russian: потреби́тель
- Spanish: consumidor