- IPA: /kənˌtæmɪˈneɪʃən/
- The act or process of contaminating
- Synonyms: pollution, defilement, taint
- Something which contaminates.
- (linguistics) A process whereby words with related meanings come to have similar sounds.
- (linguistics, etymology) The influence of one form (often from a foreign language) on the historical development of another form to which it may be related in meaning.
- The process of making a material or surface unclean or unsuited for its intended purpose, usually by the addition or attachment of undesirable foreign substances.
- French: contamination
- German: Verunreinigung; Verseuchung, Kontamination (poison or pathogen)
- Italian: contaminazione
- Portuguese: contaminação
- Russian: загрязне́ние
- Spanish: contaminación
- Russian: контамина́ция