- IPA: /kənˈtɛmpt/
- (uncountable) The state or act of contemning; the feeling or attitude of regarding someone or something as inferior, base, or worthless; scorn, disdain.
- The state of being despised or dishonored; disgrace.
- (legal) Open disrespect or willful disobedience of the authority of a court of law or legislative body.
- French: mépris
- German: Verachtung
- Italian: disprezzo
- Portuguese: desprezo, desdém, contempto
- Russian: презре́ние
- Spanish: desprecio, desdén
- French: outrage
- German: Mißachtung, Beamtenbeleidigung
- Portuguese: desacato
- Russian: неуваже́ние
- Spanish: desacato