copycat (plural copycats)
- (informal, derogatory) One who imitates or plagiarizes others' work.
- A criminal who imitates the crimes of another; specifically, a criminal who commits the same crime, especially a highly-publicized one, that has just been or recently committed by someone else.
- a copycat strangler
- French: copycat, imitateur, copieur, faussaire
- German: Nachahmer, Nachäffer, Nachmacher, Imitator
- Portuguese: copião, imitador, imitadora
- Russian: имита́тор
- Spanish: copión, copiona
- imitative#English|Imitative; unoriginal.
copycat (copycats, present participle copycatting; past and past participle copycatted)
- To act as a copycat; to copy in a shameless or derivative way