- Imparting or improving beauty, particularly the beauty of the complexion.
- a cosmetic preparation
- external#Adjective|External or superficial; pertaining only to the surface#Noun|surface or appearance of something.
- Fortunately, the damage to the house was mostly cosmetic and a bit of paint covered it nicely.
cosmetic (plural cosmetics)
- Any substances applied to enhance the external color or texture of the skin, e.g. lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner; makeup.
- A feature existing only on the surface.
- French: cosmétique, cosmétiques
- German: Kosmetikum, Kosmetik, Hautverschönerungsmittel
- Portuguese: cosmético
- Russian: косме́тика
- Spanish: cosmético, afeite