- IPA: /kɹæp/
- (obsolete) The husk of grain; chaff.
- (slang, mildly, vulgar, uncountable) Something worthless or of poor quality; junk.
- The long-running game show went from offering good prizes to crap in no time.
- (slang, mildly, vulgar, uncountable) Nonsense; something untrue.
- The college student boasted of completing a 10,000-word essay on Shakespeare, but that claim was utter crap.
- (slang, mildly, vulgar) Faeces/feces.
- (slang, mildly, vulgar, countable) An act of defecation.
- I have to take a crap.
- (faeces) poop, poo, dump, shit. Note: often used as a less vulgar synonym for, or minced form of, shit in all its senses.
- Italian: crusca
- Russian: мяки́на
- French: saleté, ordure, crotte, merde, bouse
- German: Mist
- Italian: schifezza, porcheria, cesso, ciofeca, schifo
- Portuguese: porcaria
- Russian: фигня́
- Spanish: basura
- French: crotte, merde, conneries
- German: Unsinn
- Italian: sciocchezza, cagata, stronzata, cazzata, cacata
- Portuguese: besteira
- Russian: чепуха́
- Spanish: mierda
- French: crotte, caca
- German: Scheiße, Kacke
- Italian: schifezza, escrementi, merda, cacca
- Portuguese: bosta, merda, caca
- Russian: дерьмо́
- Spanish: caca
crap (craps, present participle crapping; past and past participle crapped)Synonyms Translations Adjective
crap (comparative crapper, superlative crappest)
- (chiefly, UK, Canada, colloquial, mildly, vulgar) Of poor quality.
- I drove an old crap car for ten years before buying a new one.
- (slang) Expression of worry, fear, shock, surprise, disgust, annoyance or dismay.
- Oh crap! The other driver's going to hit my car!
- Crap! I lost the game.
- What the crap?!
- Aw, crap, I have to start over again from the beginning of the level.
- French: crotte, merde, putain
- Portuguese: bosta, merda, porcaria!, droga!, credo!
- Russian: чёрт
- Spanish: mierda
crap (plural craps)
- (gambling, dice) A losing throw of 2, 3, or 12 in craps.
- (Canada, politics) Initialism of Conservative-Reform Alliance Party