cross the line
- To cross the equator, as a vessel at sea.
- (idiomatic) To overstep a boundary, rule, or limit; to go too far or do something unacceptable.
- Synonyms: go too far, overstep the mark
- I can tolerate a lot, but they really crossed the line when they broke the equipment.
- (cinematography) To film from the opposite side of an imaginary axis on set in order to view the actors from the opposite direction.
- French: dépasser les bornes
- German: die Grenze überschreiten, zu weit gehen
- Italian: superare il limite
- Portuguese: passar dos limites
- Spanish: propasarse, pasar de la raya, pasar de raya, pasarse de rosca, pasar de castaño oscuro, extralimitarse