- (America) IPA: /ˈkʌmbɚsəm/
- Burdensome or hindering, as a weight or drag; vexatious
- Not easily managed or handled; awkward; clumsy.
- Cumbersome machines can endanger operators and slow down production.
- Hard, difficult, demanding to handle or get around with.
- A slaves' work was as cumbersome as toiling on the fields, or in the mines.
- Inert, lumbering, slow in movement
- See also Thesaurus:difficult
- French: encombrant
- German: hinderlich, lästig, mühsam, beschwerlich
- Italian: ingombrante
- Portuguese: incómodo (Portugal), incômodo (Brazil)
- Russian: обремени́тельный
- Spanish: pesado, cargante
- German: (objects) sperrig, (procedure) umständlich
- Italian: difficile da usare
- Portuguese: desajeitado
- Russian: громо́здкий