- (British) IPA: /ˈkjuːpələ/
cupola (plural cupolas)
- (architecture) A dome-shaped ornamental structure located on top of a larger roof or dome.
- (military, railroad) A small turret, usually on a hatch of an armoured fighting vehicle.
- (geology) An upward-projecting mass of plutonic rock extending from a larger batholith.
- (geometry) A solid formed by joining two polygons, one (the base) with twice as many edges as the other, by an alternating band of isosceles triangles and rectangles.
- A type of furnace used for smelting.
- (anatomy) A small cap over a structure that is shaped like a dome or inverted cup.
- the posterior cupola of the cartilaginous nasal capsule
- (railways, Canada, dated) a small viewing window in the top of the caboose for looking over the train, or the the part of the caboose where one looks through this window.
- French: coupole, dôme
- German: Kuppel
- Italian: cupola
- Portuguese: cúpula, redoma
- Russian: ку́пол
- Spanish: cúpula
- Russian: ба́шня