- IPA: /ˈkʌstəmz/
customs (plural customs)
- (in the plural) The duties or taxes imposed on imported or exported goods.
- Customs of £200 were due on all the wine we took back from France.
- (in the singular) The government department or agency that is authorised to collect the taxes imposed on imported goods.
- Customs has pulled us over on our way for an inspection.
- French: douane, douanes
- German: Zoll
- Italian: dazio, gabella, imposte, accise
- Portuguese: alfândega
- Russian: тамо́женный сбор
- Spanish: aduana, arancel, derechos de aduana, aranceles
- plural form of custom
- third-person singular form of custom