dead end (plural dead ends)
- (idiomatic) A street or path that goes nowhere or is blocked on one end.
- That road comes to a dead end at the lake.
- A position that offers no hope of progress.
- Her father suggested that she decline the job because it was a dead end.
- A split end in the hair.
- French: cul-de-sac, impasse
- German: Sackgasse, Stichstraße
- Italian: cul di sacco, strada senza uscita, vicolo cieco, cul de sac
- Portuguese: beco sem saída, rua sem saída, cul-de-sac
- Russian: тупи́к
- Spanish: calle sin salida, callejón sin salida
- French: voie de garage
- Italian: vicolo cieco, punto morto, stasi, stanca
- Portuguese: impasse
- Spanish: punto muerto