- IPA: /ˈdɛdˌlaɪn/
deadline (plural deadlines)
- A time limit in the form of a date on or before which something must be completed.
- I must make this deadline or my boss will kill me!
- (archaic) A guideline marked on a plate for a printing press.
- (archaic) A line that does not move.
- (archaic) A boundary around a prison, prisoners crossing which would be shot.
- French: date butoir, date limite, échéance
- German: Stichtag, Frist, Termin; (university and business also) Deadline
- Italian: scadenza, termine, limite
- Portuguese: prazo
- Russian: кра́йний срок
- Spanish: fecha límite, requisito, compromiso, plazo
deadline (deadlines, present participle deadlining; past and past participle deadlined)