- (British) IPA: /ˈdɛlɪkəsi/
- The quality of being delicate.
- Something appealing, usually a pleasing food, especially a choice dish of a certain culture suggesting rarity and refinement -a Chinese delicacy
- Fineness or elegance of construction or appearance.
- Frailty of health or fitness.
- Refinement in taste or discrimination.
- Tact and propriety; the need for such tact.
- French: délicatesse
- German: Feinheit, Zartheit
- Italian: delicatezza
- Portuguese: delicadeza
- Russian: делика́тность
- Spanish: fineza, delicadeza, fragilidad
- French: gourmandise
- German: Delikatesse, Leckerbissen, Köstlichkeit
- Italian: prelibatezza, leccornia, squisitezza
- Portuguese: iguaria, guloseima
- Russian: деликате́с
- Spanish: exquisitez, golosina, manjar
- Portuguese: fineza
- Russian: утончённость
- Spanish: fineza