- Pleasing to taste; tasty.
- (colloquial) Metaphorically pleasing to taste; pleasing to the eyes or mind.
- The irony is delicious!
- 1986, Patrick Lichfield, Courvoisier's Book of the Best (page 230)
- But the houses are so delicious and the way they're townscaped on to hilly bits is absolutely wonderful.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling. In Six Volumes, volume (
please specify ), London: Printed by A[ndrew] Millar, […], OCLC 928184292 ↗:
- Jones had not travelled far before he paid his compliments to that beautiful planet, and, turning to his companion, asked him if he had ever beheld so delicious an evening?
- (slang) Having tremendous sex appeal.
- See also Thesaurus:delicious
- French: délicieux, savoureux, gouteux, goutu
- German: köstlich, lecker, geschmackvoll, schmackhaft
- Italian: squisito, delizioso, gustoso
- Portuguese: delicioso, saboroso, gostoso, apetitoso
- Russian: очень вку́сный
- Spanish: delicioso, sabroso, rico, gustoso, apetitoso