dense (comparative denser, superlative densest)
- Having relatively high density.
- Synonyms: solid
- Compact; crowded together.
- Synonyms: compact, crowded, packed, Thesaurus:compact
- Antonyms: diffuse, Thesaurus:diffuse
- Thick; difficult to penetrate.
- Synonyms: thick, solid
- Antonyms: thin
- Opaque; allowing little light to pass through.
- Synonyms: cloudy, opaque, Thesaurus:opaque
- Antonyms: clear, diaphanous, see-through, translucent, transparent, Thesaurus:transparent, Thesaurus:translucent
- Obscure, or difficult to understand.
- Synonyms: abstruse, difficult, hard, incomprehensible, obscure, tough, Thesaurus:incomprehensible
- Antonyms: clear, comprehensible, easy, simple, straightforward, understandable, Thesaurus:comprehensible
- (mathematics, topology) Being a subset of a topological space that approximates the space well. See Wikipedia article on dense sets for mathematical definition.
- Antonyms: meager
- (of a person) Slow to comprehend; of low intelligence.anchor ADJ7
- Synonyms: dumb, slow, stupid, thick, Thesaurus:stupid
- Antonyms: bright, canny, intelligent, quick, quick-witted, smart, Thesaurus:intelligent
- (crowded together) diffuse, few and far between (of things as opposed to one thing), scattered, sparse, rarefied (scientific, to describe gases)
dense (plural denses)
- A thicket.