- (British) IPA: /dɪˈpɹiːʃɪeɪt/
depreciate (depreciates, present participle depreciating; past and past participle depreciated)
- (transitive) To lessen in price or estimated value; to lower the worth of.
- […] which […] some over-severe philosophers may look upon fastidiously, or undervalue and depreciate.
- To prove that the Americans ought not to be free, we are obliged to depreciate the value of freedom itself.
- (intransitive) To decline in value over time.
- (transitive) To belittle or disparage.
- (reduce in value over time)
- (belittle) do down
- German: herabsetzen
- German: abschreiben