- (British) IPA: /ˈdiː.vi.ənt/
- Characterized by deviation from an expectation or a social standard.
- At the trial, the extent of his deviant behavior became clear.
deviant (plural deviants)
- A person who deviates, especially from norms of social behavior.
- He was branded as a deviant and ostracized.
- A thing, phenomenon, or trend that deviates from an expectation or pattern.
- As the graph shows, the March sales trend is the deviant.
- (person who deviates) heteroclite, nonconformist; see also Thesaurus:maverick
- (thing that deviates) abnormality, irregularity, outlier; see also Thesaurus:anomaly