- Resembling a devil.
- Characteristic of a devil.
- a devilish grin
- (informal) Extreme, excessive.
- A devilish effort yielded a devilish success.
- (resembling a devil) atrocious, demoniac, deuced, diabolic, evil, fiendish, ghoulish, malicious, mischievous, nefarious, ogreish, reprobate, unhallowed, wicked
- (characteristic of a devil) demonic, diabolic, diabolical, hellish, infernal, satanic, satanical
- (extreme) excessive, extreme.
- French: diabolique
- German: teuflisch
- Italian: diabolico
- Portuguese: diabólico
- Russian: дья́вольский
- Spanish: diabólico