- IPA: /ˌdaɪəˈbiːtiːz/, /ˌdaɪəˈbiːtɪs/
- A group of metabolic diseases whereby a person (or other animal) has high blood sugar due to an inability to produce, or inability to metabolize, sufficient quantities of the hormone insulin.
- Diabetes insipidus, a condition characterized by excessive thirst and excretion of large amounts of severely diluted urine.
- (slang, humorous) Any food or beverage with a high amount of sugar.
- French: diabète
- German: Diabetes, Zuckerkrankheit, (colloquial) Zucker
- Italian: diabete
- Portuguese: diabetes, diabete
- Russian: диабе́т
- Spanish: diabetes