- Instructive or intended to teach or demonstrate, especially with regard to morality.
- Synonyms: educative, instructive
- didactic poetry
- 1911, Thomas Babington Macaulay, “[https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/1911_Encyclop%C3%A6dia_Britannica/Goldsmith,_Oliver Goldsmith, Oliver]”, in 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica:
- The finest didactic poem in any language.
- Excessively moralizing.
- (medicine) Teaching from textbooks rather than laboratory demonstration and clinical application.
- French: didactique
- German: didaktisch
- Italian: didattico, didascalico
- Portuguese: didático
- Russian: наставнический
- Spanish: didáctico
- Russian: нравоучительный
- French: livresque
didactic (plural didactics)